Briana, the first grader and I tutor and I chillin

Briana, the first grader and I tutor and I chillin

Friday, November 20, 2015

Jesus said to the disciples "Come have breakfast". So we do. Sometimes it involves bacon.

Charity is giving food from your table, Justice is giving someone a seat at your table.
In many cultures, eating at the kitchen table  represents something significant about a relationship; it is more than merely sharing a meal. I tend to agree based on memories of 6th grade during lunch at Middle School. Where you sat and who you ate with said something about your identity, social standing and status.

On Sunday mornings at Casa del Sol, we like to make room for the new kid and if you show up at the right time bacon may also factor into the equation.


Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples ventured to question Him, "Who are You?" knowing that it was the Lord.
John 21:12
It is official. Breakfast is in the bible. Jesus ate breakfast and called his disciples to eat with him. This is one passage of scripture I have been able to seriously apply to my own life - I love breakfast.  However, today it involved an english muffin and coffee, not grilled fish.
Come to think of it, a lot of what Jesus did ministry wise happened during a meal, out of a decision to share a meal with others, or the significance of a meal such as the Last Supper. This makes sense as meals are every day ways of sharing life with others and ministry often happens during the times you choose to just show up and sit beside someone.
In heaven, scriptures indicates we will have a large supper of some kind and secretly I hope this involves breakfast food. Maybe bacon.


No comments:

Post a Comment