Briana, the first grader and I tutor and I chillin

Briana, the first grader and I tutor and I chillin

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas is about presence. Sometimes it involves someone taking your Christmas Card picture at a McDonald's drive-thru.

It's true. The guy at the McDonald's drive-thru took this year's Christmas card picture. Needless to say we got more than a meal - we made a memory. A weird random chicken strips and french fry one.

Merry Christmas from a random McDonald's drive-thru 

 After eating our chicken, we decided to frolic amongst the Christmas trees in an adjacent parking lot and sing Christmas carols. The girls said they had never been to a christmas tree lot and had only seen one in the movies. So, I suggested we make a Blockbuster Christmas film, pretend it was snowing and weave among the trees. 


                                              Christmas Card Movie and Card to you :-)

Something my neighbors are teaching me is that the most precious gifts we give each other are not contained in a a box. They are: Jesus, our time and ourselves.  That was the reason I bought my little Bri-Bri (neighbor and girl I tutor)  I love Jesus stickers and a friendship bracelet as they symbolize our prayers and friendship as what I treasure most. They point to the greater gifts. 

Christmas is all about a God who gave time, presence and his very self to be with us and save us. Jesus, our Emmanuel. Savor the gift of his presence the whole year through. 

A heartfelt Merry Christmas!

Love, 
Jenny and the Casa Crew


 




  

1 comment: