Briana, the first grader and I tutor and I chillin

Briana, the first grader and I tutor and I chillin

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Making things right in the World one Mason Jar at a time. P.S. Miss Jenny, I want to be a pastor

At dusk I caught the kids playing in the parking lot as I arrived home. Some of the kids pretended to be drunk people trying to catch the scattered bunch. The girl who thought up this version of tag said, "We need to learn how to get away from bad people." Unfortunately, I think this version may be based on true circumstances for some of them.
This seemed so wrong. 
So, in my southern way to make things right in the world I grabbed a mason jar from my closet and helped the kids collect fireflies under the shadows of the street lights. One girl, who relocated from Mexico several months ago, had never caught them. We got three. Apparently they were all girls according to Briana.
As a side note, we had 9 kids show up for breakfast last Sunday. One of them is Chris. This 3rd grader sticks out because he arrives 30 min early, always wears a suit, and has slicked back gel covered hair. Apparently, he wakes up early to come to church but is late for school. Recently, he began to make his parents say grace before their meals. His parents told me this when we visited their home. Attached is a video of Chris confessing to me that he wants to be a pastor. He is definitely making his mark on the world as last week he invited his two cousins to come with us to church. He is pretty much adorable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment